Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dash And Lily's Book Of Dares By Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

 photo 23384157.jpg
 photo free-floral-banners-by-FPTFY-3.jpg
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

16-year-old Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on her favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. Dash, in a bad mood during the holidays, happens to be the first guy to pick up the notebook and rise to its challenges.

What follows is a whirlwind romance as Dash and Lily trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations all across New York City. But can their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions, or will their scavenger hunt end in a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Co-written by Rachel Cohn (GINGERBREAD) and David Levithan, co-author of WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON with John Green (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS), DASH & LILY'S BOOK OF DARES is a love story that will have readers scouring bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.
  
 photo free-floral-banners-by-FPTFY-31.jpg
Why Read: I've been meaning to get this last 2013 but because of scarcity of dough, I just recently got it because of the book fair that had happened this year. I heard great feedbacks about this from booktubers and read reviews on goodreads so I decided to get it.
What I Liked: The novel was written well. Its in a two character point of view, Usually I don't like it but somehow for this it worked for me. I love Dash's character or should I say David Levithan's character in the book. I really enjoyed his writing style, It somehow reminds me of J.D. Salinger. Which if you must know one of my very first favorite author from my high school years. And because of this I'm looking forward in picking up more books from David Levithan.
Going back, The settings of the book made me feet really cozy while reading this. Especially the idea of a love story that begun in a bookstore on a most wonderful time of the year, Who wouldn't enjoy that? The plot was quite unique and I find this a bit whimsical because of the feel of Christmas which is a good thing. It made me believe that its possible to find love from a complete stranger in a bookstore. I find it fun to read this especially I literally started reading this on December 21st where the book begun luckily and I started to follow the dates per chapter as written. I love the sarcastic and humor it has plus a young adult romance is really perfect , It definitely got me into the holiday sprirt without too much drama.
What Disappointed Me: I must say there is still disappointments. One is, Lily's character. I wasn't fond of her. I was a bit hard for me to be attached too her character cause she's seems to be childish unlike Dash's character you could somehow relate to him but for lily I wasn't convinced or satisfied with her character. There relationship wasn't enough for me to fall in love with them as well. Their book of dare came to an end easily and the romance part were short but sweet. Again I was wanting more of it, somehow the ending left me hanging.
 photo free-floral-banners-by-FPTFY-33.jpg
This book cover is AMAZING! I prefer this one rather the original one.
I'm starting to be more of a fancy text book cover kinda girl rather that photography. Its more modern and it really gets my attention when your in a bookstore.
 photo free-floral-banners-by-FPTFY-32.jpg 
 photo diamond_png_by_maddielovesselly-d6koc54.png photo diamond_png_by_maddielovesselly-d6koc54.png photo diamond_png_by_maddielovesselly-d6koc54.png photo diamond_png_by_maddielovesselly-d6koc54.png
 photo tumblr_myfhh0FSX41qajmbto1_500-1.jpg
 
 photo default-category-header.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment