Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

 photo untitled-1.png
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1-1.jpg
Tennyson is not surprised, really, when his family begins to fall apart, or when his twin sister, Brontë, starts dating the misunderstood bully, Brewster (or The Bruiser, as the entire high school calls him). Tennyson is determined to get to the bottom of The Bruiser's reputation, even if it means gearing up for a fight. Brontë, on the other hand, thinks there's something special underneath that tough exterior. And she's right…but neither she nor Tennyson is prepared for the truth of what lies below the surface. Told through Tennyson, Brontë, and Bruiser's points of view, this dark, twisting novel explores friendship, family, and the sacrifices we make for the people we love.
Bruiser was named to the Texas Lone Star Reading List, among many other state lists, and was selected as a Book Page Top Ten Book of the Year, a Bank Street College of Education Best Book of the Year, and a Cooperative Children's Book Center Choice.
Supports the Common Core State Standards.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5-1.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2-1.jpg
Why Read: This is a recommendation by Padfootandprongs07 a great booktuber. I got interested because she was raving about this on how she enjoyed it. So I decided to pick this up.
What I Like: I heard great things about this but I wasn't aware of what was in it. So I went into this book not knowing anything so I suggest to do the same. Don't read the synopsis even though I provided it on top. HAHA! I was deeply surprised by how this novel turned up to be. It was a fast and compelling read. Every character in the novel is engaging that will stay with you until the end of the novel. I like how the author blended the characters and concepts well in this book.
The book was narrated from different aspects of the 4 characters, but mainly I enjoyed the protagonist itself. The plot is really good another unique concepts that'll get you hooked and it's probably one of those books that'll make you think and want more. I love how this book ended. At first I got angry cause I got the feeling that it was one of those novels that has a open ending where the reader will be left hanging. UGH! luckily it wasn't wheeww! Thank God for that ahaha.
What Disappointed Me: NONE!
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3-1.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4-1.jpg
Its okay, its decent enough to show off in public but I've seen better.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg
 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png
A TOTAL MUST READ!!!
Prepare your tear ducts people. This was a near tear jerker for me ahaha!
 photo tumblr_lndy2lHTY71qk712ko1_500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment