Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

 photo The_Red_Pyramid.jpg
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1-1.jpg
Since their mother's death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe -- a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.
 

 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5.jpg  photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2.jpg
Why Read: Recommended read by every book worms that I know. Basically, Any  book from Rick Riordan is worth reading as they say plus its mythology!
What I Like: World building was graspable for my imagination which is a good sign of how it is written. I enjoyed every character's personality and the adventure's that they have to endure, I mean running around the world! Wow! the action pack was very entertaining plus humor which made it a good read.  Most of all, I love the mythological aspect of the story. Very educational. It even got me googling for the backstory of each mythological characters while reading, Another great sign of how interesting this novel is for me. I would recommend this for every generation not just for the young adult. The plot is not that bad, There is still mysteries yet to be solved behind the story itself that added my interest in picking up the next book.      
What Disappointed Me: So far, I have no complains for this one.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4.jpg
Book cover is meh. I would say average if I were a kid. But being a adult, Its not for me.  
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg

 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png
Looking forward for the next book!
Cheers! Haha!
 photo tumblr_n1cxs7LGeo1s0xobxo1_500.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment