Sunday, April 20, 2014

Cassie Scott Paranormal Detective by Christine Amsden

 photo untitled.png
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1-1.jpg
Cassie Scot is the ungifted daughter of powerful sorcerers, born between worlds but belonging to neither. At 21, all she wants is to find a place for herself, but earning a living as a private investigator in the shadow of her family’s reputation isn’t easy. When she is pulled into a paranormal investigation, and tempted by a powerful and handsome sorcerer, she will have to decide where she truly belongs.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2.jpg
 Why Read: I signed up for Audibles.com and got a free book which is this one. I don't know why  or maybe I forgot the reason that I gave myself why I got this instead of new released books. But I do know that this has a good reviews.
What I Like: There are some point of uniqueness from the plot that I enjoyed, One is that wizards and witches are being accepted or known in their society and vampires as well or werewolves too, I guess. 
Likable female protagonist which is rare these days with all the new books that are coming out that has shallow characters that is very hard to connect to sometimes. But for this one, traits that I look for female protagonist are smart, witty and independent kick ass. On the love story, its quite weird but exciting as well.
What Disappointed Me: The resolution of this novel was too easy for me, If you know what I mean. I wasn't that impressed with how they found out and killed the antagonist in the book. It was all too fast and not that surprising.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4.jpg
Sad to say, again I don't like the book cover. If I were to see this on book stores. I might not be able to even glance on it because its too bland for my taste and the illustration doesn't give that much excitement for my eyes. Just my opinion. :) Sorry!
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg

 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-2.png
 photo tumblr_n1e2zal6At1sn7waio1_1280.jpg
CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment