Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hmmmm.......First Impressions.

Photobucket
Liquid Fear by Scott Nicholson


When Roland Doyle wakes up with a dead woman in his motel room, the only clue is a mysterious vial of pills bearing the label "Take one every 4 hrs or else." 
Ten years before, six people were involved in a secret pharmaceutical trial that left one of them murdered and five unable to remember what happened. Now the experiment is continuing, as Dr. Sebastian Briggs wants to finish his research into fear response and post-traumatic stress disorder. He's backed by a major drug company and an ambitious U.S. Senator, but he also has a personal stake in the outcome. 
Only by taking the mysterious pills can the survivors stave off the creeping phobias and inflicted madness that threaten to consume them. But the pills have an unexpected side effect-the survivors start remembering the terrible acts they perpetrated a decade ago. They are lured back to the Monkey House, the remote facility where the original trials took place, and Briggs has prepared it for their return. 
Now they are trapped, they each have only one pill left, and cracks are forming in their civilized veneer. 
After the pills are gone, there's only one option. "Or else."


IMPRESSION
Before I begin, I haven't read completely this novel yet, I just read the first 3 chapters. As you can see it's just my first impression kinda haul. 

I just finished reading the sample of this book from my Kindle. The reason I even knew or got a hold if this, is because I was browsing along the Kindle store. I went to the featured Kindle post's and saw the guest post of Scott Nicholson and he was talking about his novel which is this "Liquid Fear". 
From the very first sentence of his article up to the last I was captivated by every word he said. His presumptions and ethical thinking, swept me off. Even though it was a short article about his novel I clicked the Try a sample button in jiff. Yes, I don't usually buy books from kindle I just download books from a seller that I know for a cheap cheap price:) aha!

This has a mix of science and politics. It talks about a fear eliminating drug experiment that went wrong. As the book progresses you begin to see how their fates are intertwined and the nature of the experiment in which they are immersed. It's easy to empathize with each of their plights as they are manipulated at every turn to finally end up at their intended destination, The Monkey House. So far that's all I got from the article and the first 3 chapters. I try to refrain from reading books reviews about this cause Iam sure there are alot of spoilers. 

I believe this is a great book. I find it very intense plot and will look forward in reading this novel.
Thanks for visiting bye!