Monday, October 6, 2014

The Power Of Six by Pittacus Lore

 photo 8659601-1.jpg
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1.jpg
I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2.jpg
 Why Read: I owned this book for a long time now. I've always been stuck reading the first 2 chapters before and I keep ending up replacing it to another book to read instead. That happened like thrice already. It somehow doesn't spark my interest at that time except now. Before I decided to REALLY  read this, I re-watch  the movie I am Number Four which is the first series in the novel. I remembered how I liked and got me interested with the character of six. A hard core kick-ass, independent woman, which is every girls dream to be! I was so intrigued with her back story and that had push me to finally read it. And TA-DAAA! I finished it, AT LAST! I have to give myself a pat at the back. hahaha
What I Liked: First of all, because of this novel my intense interest with six got even deeper. I LOVE HER!!! Now I am fangirling! aha. In this second book I got to know her more and I like how the authors introduced another character in the novel and how they (Yes, They. two authors under 1 pseudo name. FIY :) ) incorporated John, Six and Sam's journey to Marina's story. It always amazes me how authors do that without confusing its readers.
Now that another character has been introduced, I am again sucked in. Another good sign for this novel. I'm so caught up with marinas story and not just that another character in the end is getting involved which made me want to get on the next book ASAP. Its been long a time since I've felt this extreme for a young adult novel. I repeat a YA. I really enjoyed the last few chapters. Intense action packed scenes that made me read continuous without being aware of the time. GAWD! I miss that feeling when reading a good YA. haha  End result, I was left wanting for more.

What Disappointed Me: The first few chapters and some parts were a bit dragging for me but to tell you the truth it was worth it in the end. I was still satisfied.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4.jpg
 Nope! If it weren't for the story I won't pick this nor even be interested to look at the cover.
It's so bland and the symbolism is not that interesting for my sight not even gave me a mysterious vibe about the novel.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg
 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png
Obviously you already knew it! 
CHEERS FOR GREAT YA's OUT THERE! :)
 photo 206b28a9a80874b7fd52ab70e88aec23.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment