Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Starters by Lisa Price

 photo 11861062.jpg           photo 15797745.jpg
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1.jpg
 Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.

He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more
evil than Callie could ever have imagined.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2-1.jpg
 Why Read: Stacy from Chapterchix recommended this book so I decided to get myself a copy.
What I Liked: The concept of the story is somehow the reason why I kept going and eventually I started to get hooked by its main plot and twists. I have to give credit for the uniqueness of the story. Come on! Old people renting your young body just to feel young again, not knowing what their doing with it. Sick! right? Until it loses control. Now that got me pretty hyped up. I easily got attached with the main character especially the struggle that they were into. The world building is good, the copy that I got even have a bonus story of how it started which pretty much made it more clearer of how the war happened in the first place. I have to say its a fast pace read. Every chapter somehow intrigued me because of the eeriness of the writing style blended with the story.
What Disappointed Me: The main character though was a bit whiny. Somehow she was easily love-struck with a stranger. Quite cliché for me and that annoys me with any protagonist.  
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4.jpg
As you can see above, a bit similar book theme covers with the face staring at you and all.
Thought, to tell you the truth I 'am not a fan of a face covered book. Except if that face is me. HAHAHA! just teasing.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg
 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp-1.png
CHEERIOS!!!!
 photo 18202_373806169_l.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment