Saturday, April 19, 2014

Heroes, Gods And Monsters Of The Greek Myths by Bernard Evslin

 photo Heroes-Gods-and-Monsters-of-the-Greek-Myths-Evslin-Bernard-9780553259209_2.jpg 
  photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag1.jpg
The earth breeds giants and ogres of indescribable horror -- the heavens hold omnipotent gods and goddesses, abounding in courage, strength and wisdom.

Zeus, the almighty king of the gods, who cannot resist feminine beauty -- mortal or divine, and his jealous and vengeful wife, Hera.

Perseus, fearless mortal warrior, who takes on an impossible challenge: slaying the monstrous Medusa, whose glance turns men to stone.

The Minotaur, half-man and half-bull, the horrible fruit of a queen's unspeakable desire, who annually destroys the young victims sacrificed to his terrifying power.

A fantastic world of spells and curses, magic and mystery, forces that create and destroy at will.
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag5.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag2.jpg
Why Read: Main reason why I picked this, Its because of my love and fascination for mythology. ANY mythology books I would devour for I have a hunger for mythological stories even if its Greek, Sumerian or Norse I would gladly  be lost in them.
What I Like: To tell you the truth this is my very first mythology book, I mean pure or solely mythological stories. This is incredibly entertaining.  The writing was perfect for me. The way or  how the author described each characters and each settings of the stories was good he gave life and personality into them. I would recommend this for beginners who would love to study Greek mythology, This version will be a great help.        
What Disappointed Me: NONE!
 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag3.jpg photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag4.jpg
I 'am not a fan of the book cover especially the illustration, It looks weird.
I 'am sorry for my lame explanation about the cover but that's the best that I can come up for now. It would be better if its just the tittle itself. But I know it has another book cover and that looks more decent than this version.

 photo ShabbyBlogsRetroTag6.jpg

 photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp.png photo cute_mushroom_by_miki_amu-d5ctncp.png
As you can see how I happily devoured my copy. That's a good sign for me cause you can really see that I enjoyed rereading this book. A great and triple thumbs up for this!
 photo IMG_1470_2.jpg
 
CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment